All new members must be registered within 30 days of initiation. This can be done before the ceremony so the membership certificates and pins can be given to the new members during initiation, or immediately following.
Chapter’s that do not register new members within a 30 day timeframe will be assessed a late fee – see chart below. The late fees will take effect January 1, 2011. The late fee structure is based on the total amount of dues owed.
Late Fee Structure:
– 30 days past due – 5% of dues
– 60 days past due – 10% of dues
– 90+ days past due – 15% of dues
The new late fees were put in place to encourage chapters to plan ahead and not wait till the end of the semester to initiate new members or collect dues. We have seen an increase in chapters waiting till the end of the spring semester to hold initiation and then not registering the new members until the following fall. This causes many issues for the officers and advisors, and can cause quite a setback when chapter operations resume in the fall! We also suggest that all membership dues are collected in the weeks prior to the ceremony or the night of. If new members don’t have their dues turned in by the deadline or night of initiation, they cannot be initiated with that group.
– Complete INITIATION FORM for all new members – must be typed
– Send form with one check for membership dues to Headquarters.
– Forms can be submitted by mail or email.
– Currently we are NOT set up to process dues payments online. All dues must be paid by a check or money order, and mailed to Headquarters.
– If you need an invoice to process the check for dues, please email the form to email@example.com and request an Invoice for payment.
– Certificates and pins will not be sent to the Chapter until all dues have been paid in full!
– If you are ordering graduation cords at the same time, please include a Merchandise Order Form with order. Shipping & Handling will only need to be paid for the total amount due for the merchandise (i.e. cords, t-shirts, etc and not for the certificates and pins). A reminder that if your chapter or individual members want to order cords, t-shirts, stoles online, this can be done via our Omega Store (credit/debit card + PayPal accepted). NOTE: this online payment option is only for merchandise purchases and not for certificates and pins.
– Normal processing and delivery is 2-3 weeks. If the Chapter requires the items sooner, there is an optional $50.00 expedited processing fee. (This is to move the processing of your certificates and pins up in the queue)