All new members must be registered within 30 days of initiation. This can be done before the ceremony so the membership certificates and pins can be given to the new members during initiation, or immediately following.
Chapter’s that do not register new members within a 30 day timeframe will be assessed a late fee – see chart below. The late fees will take effect January 1, 2011. The late fee structure is based on the total amount of dues owed.
Late Fee Structure:
– 30 days past due – 5% of dues
– 60 days past due – 10% of dues
– 90+ days past due – 15% of dues
The new late fees were put in place to encourage chapters to plan ahead and not wait till the end of the semester to initiate new members or collect dues. We have seen an increase in chapters waiting till the end of the spring semester to hold initiation and then not registering the new members until the following fall. This causes many issues for the officers and advisors, and can cause quite a setback when chapter operations resume in the fall! We also suggest that all membership dues are collected in the weeks prior to the ceremony or the night of. If new members don’t have their dues turned in by the deadline or night of initiation, they cannot be initiated with that group.
Please provide two weeks prior to initiation for certificates and pins to be processed. All new members must be registered and paid in full within 30 days of initiation. If not, late fees will be assessed. See fee structure below.
STEP 1: Complete the Initiation Report here. On the ‘Initiation Reporting’ section located at the bottom: – When asked if you have verified that your new initiating members have joined memberplanet, please check No/Not Sure. – When asked what payment system is utilized to collect initiation fees, please check Paid to chapter.
STEP 2: Input your list of new initiate names into this New Initiate Certificate Report. Please list your University and Chapter Name first. Include the first name, middle name, last name, greek affiliation, email address, classification and date of initiation. It is vital that you ensure accuracy for the spelling of your initiates name! This information will be printed directly on the certificate.
STEP 3: Once you submit your Initiation Report, please email the completed excel spreadsheet with your new initiate names for the certificate to HQ@orderofomega.org. You will receive confirmation of both the “Initiation Report” submission, and your “New Initiate Certificate Report”.
STEP 4: Print a copy of Initiation Report confirmation email and mail it with your one check to: Order of Omega HQ, 300 E. Border, Arlington, TX 76010. If you need an invoice to process the check for dues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Certificates and pins will not be sent to the Chapter until all dues have been paid in full.
– If you are ordering graduation cords at the same time, please include a Merchandise Order Form with order. Shipping & Handling will only need to be paid for the total amount due for the merchandise (i.e. cords, t-shirts, etc and not for the certificates and pins). A reminder that if your chapter or individual members want to order cords, t-shirts, stoles online, this can be done via our Omega Store (credit/debit card + PayPal accepted). NOTE: this online payment option is only for merchandise purchases and not for certificates and pins.
– Normal processing and delivery is 2-3 weeks. If the Chapter requires the items sooner, there is an optional $50.00 expedited processing fee. (This is to move the processing of your certificates and pins up in the queue)