Order of Omega Scholarship & Fellowship Awards
Since 1985, Order of Omega has awarded over $1 million in undergraduate scholarships and over $150,000 in graduate fellowships.
The Order of Omega sponsors two (2) graduate Fellowship Awards including the $2,000 Doctoral Fellowship Award and the $1,000 William J. Brennan/Jacque Placette Chapman Master’s Fellowships. [Fellowship applicants must meet the criteria below to be considered for the awards.]
The Order of Omega sponsors $750, $500, and $300 undergraduate Scholarship Awards in the names of our past Executive Directors, Dr. Kent L. Gardner, Patrick W. Halloran, and Parker F. Enright. In addition, Order of Omega offers one (1) Founders Award Scholarship in the amount of $1,000 and a new Anniversary Scholarship in the amount of $1,000. Scholarship applicants must be registered members of Order of Omega displaying leadership and service to their Order of Omega chapter, Fraternity/Sorority system, and campus community.
Fellowship and Scholarship applcation materials (e.g. letters of recommendation, unofficial transcript, and photograph) should be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions may be directed via email to Reatha Cox, Vice President of Order of Omega.
2016 Scholarship Awards
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION (reminder: all applications + supporting documents are due by 11/18/16) (application period is closed)
– Every active chapter that is in good standing with HQ should select two (2) deserving members to apply for the awards.
– Chapters that took in their full compliment of new members during the 2015-2016 academic year, or those that initiated over 75, may have three (3) applicants. CLICK HERE for list of chapters that are eligible to have 3 applicants.
– Applications and supporting documents are due Friday, November 18, 2016 by 5 p.m. CST. (application period is closed)
– Applicants will receive notification of awards by email the week of January 16, 2017.
Graduate Students Only
2016 Fellowship Awards
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR 2016 HAS PASSED.
– Applicants from prior years are encouraged to apply again, as long as you still meet the award criteria.
– Applications and supporting documents are due Friday, November 4th, 2016 BY 5 p.m. CST. (application period is closed)
– Fellowship Award recipients will be announced at the Order of Omega Recognition Reception in conjunction with the 2016 AFA Annual Meeting in Boston, MA (Dec 2016).
William J. Brennan/ Jacque Placetter Chapman Master’s Fellowships – $1,000 Award
– Applicant must be currently enrolled full-time or part-time in an accredited master’s degree program in Higher Education, Student Personnel, or a related field.
– Applicant must be currently employed part-time or a graduate assistant with direct or indirect responsibility for advising Fraternity/Sorority Life and/or Order of Omega.
– Applicant must be currently employed and enrolled at a college/university with an Order of Omega chapter that is in good standing with headquarters.
Doctoral Fellowships – $2,000 Award
– Applicant must be currently enrolled full-time or part-time in an accredited doctoral degree program in Higher Education, Student Personnel, or a related field.
– Applicant must be currently employed full-time or part-time, or a graduate assistant with current direct and/or previous direct responsibilities for advising Fraternity/Sorority Life and/or Order of Omega.
– Applicant must be currenlty employed and enrolled at a college/university or previously employed at a college/university with an Order of Omega chapter in good standing with headquarters.